Carter Notch (June 10-11)
Carter Notch (June 10-11)
Join us as we hike Carter Notch in the White Mountains. We will hit three peaks, practice yoga each day, and stay in one of AMC's 100 year old full service huts!
Carter Notch Hut surprises most with its intimate and unimaginably beautiful setting. Hike 3.8 miles to reach this hut and encounter a world of rock jumbles, towering cliffs, and tranquil mountain lakes. This eastern anchor of AMC’s hut system was built in 1914, and after 100 years, continues to lure those in search of quieter trails and unforgettable summits.
With its two detached bunkhouses and stone hut, Carter Notch Hut is open year-round. During the full-service summer and fall season, fuel up with delicious, homemade breakfasts and dinners for the day’s exploration of the Carter and Wildcat ranges.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
This is moderately strenuous retreat that will test your limits while bringing you back in touch with nature. Please be prepared to hike on steep and rocky terrain while carrying a bag with snacks and layers that can weigh between 10-20 pounds. While we encourage hiking novices to sign up, we recommend that you be in good athletic shape and capable of continuous activity for at least four hours at a time. The yoga will be gentle and empowering. No need to hike a yoga mat into the mountains, but I do recommend bringing a towel. This retreat is on rain or shine, so bring your raincoat and pack quick dry (non cotton) materials.
THREE PEAKS TWO DAYS:
We will be hiking a loop that connects three peaks together. The first day we will summit one peak and stay overnight in Carter Notch Hut. The next day we will wake up eat breakfast and summit the remaining two peaks as we complete the loop that will bring us back to our accent down to the parking lot.
Day 1 Wildcat Mountain (Peak A) Elevation: 4,422 feet.
( This peak is optional)
Day 2 Cater Dome Mountain Elevation: 4,832 feet
Day 2 Mount Hight Elevation: 4,675 feet
- Meet at the 19 mile brook trailhead Saturday morning 8:30am
- Pack bags and check our gear
- Hike to Carter Notch Hut where we will drop our bags at the hut take and take a quick break
- Optional Hike up Wildcat Mountain
- Yoga Class
- Dinner at 6PM Sharp
- Evening activities, sunset, meditation, explore the Ramparts Boulder field
- Cozy up in your bunk and enjoy a good nights sleep
- Breakfast at 6:30AM
- Morning stretch & meditation
- Pack up and get hiking!
- Hike Carter Dome & Mount Hight
- Enjoy snacks, and mountain top yoga class
- Descend towards trail head
- Group Dinner or Swim in the river!